Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Alex, I'd like "Potpourri" for $1000 please...

I feel the need to blog but don't have a specific topic to blog about today, so here are some random mutterings and mini-rants and raves.

Me and B are loving the new bedroom furniture. Especially the new bed and all the "possibilities" that come with it, since it's higher off the ground than the old one. Merry Christmas to us indeed!

I've decided to host Thxgvg for my dad's side of the family this year. Since we're doing it the Saturday following the big day, I will be doing pork loin instead of turkey. Everyone gets turkey'd out over that long weekend, so I figure change it up a bit.

I'm still in limbo over my job. I'm tired of having the sword of Damocles over my head. That string it's been hanging from for a year now is looking pretty sketchy. Of course I want to stay on permanently and work from home with the occasional jaunt to the Boston-area, and don't get me wrong, I am beyond grateful for not being let go right away when the old office closed, but being in this state of perpetual temporariness has certainly tested my patience. I feel like I'm getting rusty since all I've done has been more of an advisory and support role rather than doing what I love, talking to my clients. And I am getting bored with the limited role. So make a decision already.

I still have a shit-ton of last year's Christmas family picture cards that never got sent out or given out. It looks really dorky if you try to send them out with "and Baby" on them in the family names, and that "baby" has now since been born...

And stop telling me what a good daughter-in-law I am for doing what any family member would (or should) do for an aging parent that they are on good terms with. No, wait, scratch that. Keep telling me that. Some days it's the only thing that keeps me from throwing my hands up and curling into a ball because it's such a monumental task.

I think that's all I got right now.

No comments: